SUMMER OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Position Start Date: Beginning in June, concluding at the end of August.
Position Details: 20-30 hours/week with essential occasional weekend and evening work.
Position Location: Tofino, working in traditional territories of the Tla-o-qui-aht, Ahousaht, and Hesquiaht First Nations.
Position Wage: $13/hour.
Friends of Clayoquot Sound (FOCS) stands to promote the wellbeing of the ecological and cultural diversity through education, research, and advocacy to sustain ecosystems, local communities and a healthy relationship with the environment in Clayoquot Sound. FOCS has a summer employment opportunity for a returning student with passion and skills. The Summer Outreach Coordinator will report to the FOCS Staff and Board of Directors being responsible for:
- Supporting the planning and organizing of various events and activities including the “Trail building with friends” project and the Clayoquot Salmon Festival
- Organizing and managing FOCS’ information booth at the weekly summer Tofino Public Market.
- Educating both locals and tourists about environmental issues in Clayoquot Sound.
- Contributing to the management of the FOCS’ social media.
- Engaging in research and information gathering related to healthy forests and oceans.
- Coordinating with staff and board members around volunteer engagement.
- Assisting staff and volunteers with daily office activities such as research and data entry.
Canada Summer Jobs Requirements:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age.
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and registered to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Are Canadian citizens or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (international students are not eligible).
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant BC legislation and regulations.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
German Ocampo, Community Organizer
Application Deadline: Friday, May 19th, 2016